Background Script

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thrifty Treasures

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is hosting Today's Thrifty Treasures. This is a place where you will find all sorts of sale items that people have picked-up to find new uses for in their own homes. I visited several sales this weekend only to think that most people are very proud of their junk and overprice it. I did find one garage sale that had great prices and I carted away alot of things - mostly for my backyard - my house is full to overflowing. Here are some of my finds:
A child's rake with just a tad of rust to give it "character" for $.25 (great price)!

A rusty wheelbarrow that will be filled with plants.

A bunch of seashells priced from $.10 each to $.50 (a starfish for $.50 - YEA!)

My favorite find - no markings on the bottom of it but I love it and I paid $4 for it.
Great garage saling this weekend!





10 comments:

Nicole A. said...

Gread finds! That little rake is sooooo cute!! And that wheelbarrow will look awesome with flowers!

★Carol★ said...

Love that wheelbarrow! Loveit! That vase is really cool too, and I can't remember what they're called. It looks old too. Great finds!

Anonymous said...

The wheelbarrow is my favorite! So much character. It will be really fun with flowers.

Jane said...

The rake kinda reminds me of those big spoons/forks that are in the Pottery Barn catalogs. Such a cool thing to display.

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Love your finds! You will have to post a pic of the wheelbarrow!

Tarva said...

Great finds and prices. Love the rake.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are all great finds! Love the shells. And the vase is neat too.

Darlene said...

Looks like you found some great items. LOVE the little childs rake and the wheelbarrow. That is going to look great filled with flowers!

Kammy said...

Great finds, love love the garden stuff !
Hugs ~ Kammy

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

What lovely treasures!!! I am just catching up. Been a busy week with family health problems.
Have a great Friday!!!