Background Script

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Julie and Julia - Movie Thoughts

My husband and I went to see Julie and Julia yesterday. We really enjoyed the movie. I was apprehensive after reading reviews but I wasn't disappointed in the show at all. Meryl Streep is wonderful in her portrayal of Julia Child. I didn't know much about Julia Child until I saw the movie. She had a very interesting life and was a woman who enjoyed her life. She seemed to make the most out of her situations.
If you are a blogger or a cook, you will really enjoy the show. Amy Adams who portrays the character of Julie demonstrates the pursuit of the blog readership that all of us are after. She is also often frustrated in her food preparation - how many of us have been there? This is a movie about participating in life as well as blogging and cooking! You shouldn't be disappointed.

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I would love to see this movie! I probably will have to wait till it comes out on dvd though! I am glad you enjoyed it!!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I loved the movie, too, Pammiejoe.

Meryl Streep was fantastci as always!