Background Script

Monday, September 21, 2009

Thrify Treasures - Chippy and More


This was a good weekend for me and garage sales. These are the three "big" purchases I was most proud of. I made some smaller purchases which may be mentioned in a later post. This arrangement with the pheasant feathers was only $8 - anyone tried to buy real pheasant feathers lately?
I'm debating with myself about painting the chippy magazine stand. This is old - see the decal on the side.
The chippy white column is one of two that I got. The other one is taller and needs some rotten wood taken off but I like them!
Be sure to stop by Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality for the other thrifty shoppers to see what they've acquired.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! that magazine rack is really nice! And love that arrangement with the feathers its pretty spectacular!

Kammy said...

Very nice - I love the chippy look !
Kammy

Marigene said...

Fabulous pheasant feather arrangement; also like the cute little magazine rack!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hin Pammiejo

Wasn't Yellowstone so magnificent? I vowed to return someday.

I like that magazine rack as is! The color and decal add to value of an antique.

The pheasant feathers are so beautiful! Great buy1

Nancy said...

Hey Pammiejo - You made quite a haul! I think everything looks great as is but I always have the same problem - to paint or not to paint. That centerpiece is awesome and looks wonderful on your table. :) Nancy