Background Script

Monday, September 21, 2009

Thrify Treasures - Chippy and More


This was a good weekend for me and garage sales. These are the three "big" purchases I was most proud of. I made some smaller purchases which may be mentioned in a later post. This arrangement with the pheasant feathers was only $8 - anyone tried to buy real pheasant feathers lately?
I'm debating with myself about painting the chippy magazine stand. This is old - see the decal on the side.
The chippy white column is one of two that I got. The other one is taller and needs some rotten wood taken off but I like them!
Be sure to stop by Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality for the other thrifty shoppers to see what they've acquired.



6 comments:

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

WOW! that magazine rack is really nice! And love that arrangement with the feathers its pretty spectacular!

Kammy said...

Very nice - I love the chippy look !
Kammy

Audra said...

Love the chippy magazine rack. I would leave it, so vintagey and shabby. The arrangement is to die for!

Mimi said...

Fabulous pheasant feather arrangement; also like the cute little magazine rack!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hin Pammiejo

Wasn't Yellowstone so magnificent? I vowed to return someday.

I like that magazine rack as is! The color and decal add to value of an antique.

The pheasant feathers are so beautiful! Great buy1

My Crafty Little Page said...

Hey Pammiejo - You made quite a haul! I think everything looks great as is but I always have the same problem - to paint or not to paint. That centerpiece is awesome and looks wonderful on your table. :) Nancy