Background Script

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crafting a Planter

I copied an idea I saw in a magazine (I think). I thought it was a cute planter idea. I was originally going to place a real plant in it but decided watering it and the damage water could do wasn't such a great idea. So, a fake ivy was the best I could do with what I had.

This arrangement is in my sunroom.


I bought 2 books that I had no interest in reading at the local Thrift Shop. I glued them together by their covers. My husband drilled a 3 1/2" hole through them both. I recycled a sour cream container to fit inside it. I placed florist foam in the container and stuck my ivy in there. Planter completed.
Check Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch for some really great ideas for making changes in your home.


3 comments:

On Crooked Creek said...

Pam,
It's not Monday (yet) and I'm not drinking coffee. . .but I saw your newest post in my sidebar and had to get a sneak peek tonight. I'll re~visit tomorrow. There's just nothing quite like Monday Morning coffee with Pammiejo and friends!
Cute idea! I still like books in home decor, whether I read them or not! HA! Thanks for sharing.
Fondly,
Pat

On Crooked Creek said...

Pam,
It's me again with an extended invitation to the Spring Cloche Party hosted by Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life. Stop by her blog and grab her button and get more details!
March 11. . .apothecary jars, hurricanes, cloches or anything under glass you can create!
I'll be looking for you @ the party!
Fondly,
Pat

Jilly said...

Well, I am happy to say that I am one of your newest followers. You have accomplished a lot in 6 months of blogging. I really enjoyed in my first visit.
osha approved first aid kits