Background Script

Friday, October 3, 2008

Show and Tell Friday




Show and Tell

My paternal grandmother was quite a saver of things. I have in my possession an autograph book that belonged to her mother and I took names, dates, etc. from that book to make the sampler above. I tried to make it look older by staining it, etc. The picture above is of my grandmother's high school graduating class. She is the last girl on the top row. I treasure this picture. Don't you wonder about the things you hold on to and whether those things will be special to someone on down the road. I'm quite a saver so the choices will be many


At http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ you'll find a list of participants in Show and Tell Friday. You'll see lots of different items and stories shared by others. Join in.




7 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

You have posted two items today that I would consider priceless treasures. I try to make sure my grandchildren know the stories that go with my "stuff" so hopefully they will treasure something of mine after I'm in heaven. I can't help it if I would like to be remembered. Bless your for cherishing your grandmother.

Thru Pink Curtains said...

i was just looking thru moms old negatives and put a coule on my scanner to view. it is nice knowing what your heritage was!!!

Grammy said...

What a treasure to have. I too collect family treasures. The mean more to me than any thing else.
I will post then on show and tell one day. But today I am just enjoying your site and others. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

That is neat.

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing......You ould write down the stories to go with the treasures, or videotape you talking about the treasures!

Lady Katherine said...

How wonderful, to have such a beautiful sampler. You are blessed.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the sampler you made! That and the pictures are sweet treasures!

Manuela