Background Script

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Master Gardener Garden Tour

This weekend the Master Gardeners sponsored a garden tour. To fulfill my obligation of volunteer hours, I worked as a volunteer in this yard - taking tickets or answering questions about the plants or other things about the garden. The above is a crown of thorns - there were several pots of these huge pots full of crown of thorns that were in beautiful bloom.
The owner had so many vignettes around the yard and patio - it took lots of looking and examining to see them totally. I was glad I had 4 hours to spend. See the little jester in front - I loved him.

Wouldn't you like sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and reading the paper here?

Here is another one of those "head planters" - I've got to find one!

Notice the trunks of these trees that create a back-drop for this chair - these are the trunks of Rose of Sharon bushes that the owner had stripped off the lower branches. They are several years old so they are big bushes. I thought it was a great idea and this lends such texture to the yard. Note the visitor in the yard wearing a coat - it was chilly here in Kansas on Saturday - in the 60s.




1 comment:

Rhondi said...

Hi
I love garden tours too. I volunteer at Wing Haven which is a garden here in NC and we have a tour once a year. The master gardeners are always there to answer questions and I am amazed at their knowledge.
I am so glad you're going to join us for the porch party. Please email me (my email is in my profile) so I can email you the day before with instructions.
Hugs, Rhondi