Background Script

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Old Lattice - 2nd Time Around

Last year the strong Kansas wind whipped my plants to "smithereens" so we tried to think of a way to keep that from happening. We have a "storage" area on the back part of our lot hidden away from the neighbors where we store "yard leftovers" - rock, screen, lattice, brick, wood pieces, etc. We had the leftover lattice from a rental we once owned. That renter had lattice everywhere ("overkill", one might say). We tore it out and kept it. We've used it before on an arbor for a year but then decided we wanted something different there. So, here the lattice is again used as a backdrop and wind barrier. I do have a couple things to hang on that lattice but am still looking for a sun I know I have somewhere. I'm hoping my plants will look better and I won't have to be running out to stand pots back up after they've blown over.

Be sure to check out Diane's blog, A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words for 2nd Time Around Tuesday. You'll see lots of ideas for using something another person has discarded.

1 comment:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

That is a great reuse! I am sure that will make a big difference for the wind!(-: It will also let a nice breeze through too(-:
CiNdEeS' GaRdEn