Background Script

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thrifting Treasures - 2nd Time Around

I love garage saling - I always go without a definite thing in mind to "hunt for" because then you won't miss the "possibilities". Last week I found a lovely thing. This is an original oil on canvas painting of a beautiful arrangement of roses. I hope Mr. Robert Cox (who signed the painting) never finds out that someone sold his painting for $.25 - that's right - $.25! What a deal and I love it! Right now it's on top of the old chippy cabinet on the sunporch - it may move but for right now, it's there.

Go over to Diane's A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words and see the lucky people who found other treasures and have re-purposed them for their homes! Thanks, Diane, for hosting!


7 comments:

Diers Eve said...

That is what I call a bergain!!!
That is a lovely picture.
Happy 2nd Time Around Tuesday,
Val

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

OMGosh that is a steal. Its sad too that someone did all that beautiful work and it was sold for a quarter! Geez. I am sure you will get many years of joy from it!!!!

Jeanne said...

Hi Pammie Jo, 25 cents is what keeps us going to those thrift stores and yard sales etc. I love that it is signed too. You can Google the artist. You never know???

Enjoy!

Hugs...Jeanne

Sharlotte said...

Beautiful painting...what a super find. Thanks for sharing..I love your cabinet it's sitting on too!

Tootsie said...

GREAT FINDS!!! I just love hunting for great junk!

Tootsie said...

you flatter me!!! but I love it!!! lol
I would take that cabinet off your hands in a heartbeat!

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

oh my gosh! What a great find. The painting is gorgeous!