Background Script

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vintage Thursdays

This is a small vintage secretary/china cabinet that I purchased at a garage sale many years ago. I display my miniature tea sets in it along with a few other treasures (like baby items from my father). I had a great aunt who had one like it when I was a child and I loved it then so I fell in love with this the minute I saw it.



Go on over and visit Vintage Thursdays over at http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/. See the treasures that other people cherish and hear their stories.


8 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

Your vintage secretary is beautiful. I am also a retired teacher who likes to get together with my girlfriends. I would like it if you visited my blog. I love the bottle tree from a few posts back. I enjoyed meeting you. Take care.

Coloradolady said...

Your secretary is beautiful. I love the color. I have seen these but they are always very dark in color. I like how you have your things displayed. Very cute.

Carrie said...

How nice that you found a furniture piece to celebrate wonderful childhood memories.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

what a great piece. I always go for the cabinets with glass doors, they save so much dusting!

mub said...

What a lovely piece of furniture. I clicked on the picture to see the closeup and your tea-sets are really cute too! How many do you have?

Grandma Faith said...

It's so nice of you to come back by my blog. As soon as I read your comment I made a note to check out the book. We are planning to visit some of his buildings and I thought it would be great if we all read the book before the trip. Great minds think alike! Take care.

Jan Ely said...

So pretty, and useful too!

Anonymous said...

It's a little beauty..I've been wanting one for ages and I know I'll find the right one eventually.