Background Script

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Patriotic Trash to Treasure Christmas

I've shown my patriotic Christmas tree before. It is in my family room and I've had it for many years so I'm always picking up ornaments and other things for it during the year. My SIL was here for an early Christmas several years ago and when she went back home to Stockton, CA; she was telling a friend about my patriotic theme. Her friend had a patriotic Mr. and Mrs. Santa that she was going to get rid of at a garage sale and she gave them to my SIL for me. That's what I found among the Christmas packages from California. They sit on my mantle every year among the garland and flags. Be sure to stop by Diane's at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words to see the other Trash to Treasure things people have to show you.


6 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

The patriotic Mr. & Mrs. Santa is fabulous! The tree is great, too! :) ~Rhonda

Unknown said...

Hi Pammiejo,
The patriotic tree is wonderful! And I love the Mr and Mrs Santa too.

Thanks for linking to Trash to Treasure!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Adorable, Pammiejo! Those are a great find, and I love your tree, too! Cuteness galore! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Grandma Faith said...

A patriotic Christmas tree is a great idea!

Eleanor said...

A patriotic tree - that is something. I have a little astronaunt holding the US flag which lights up. It is a tree ornament that my American 'family' (I was an exchange student in 69/70) sent me many years ago. It would do well on your tree!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Love your tree! And what great "trash to treasure"! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It brought me over to see yours. Your granddaughter in the concert is such a pretty girl. laurie