Background Script

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fenton Glass for Vintage Thursday

My aunt passed away probably 6 years ago and her daughters had an auction of her household after her death. My mom and I went and I bid on several boxes of items. One of the boxes that I got was a box of this Fenton lime sherbet glassware.
I have a friend who has an extensive collection of this particular color of glassware and has it under black light - it glows and is great eye-candy when it is featured that way. I do not have it under black light - but, have considered doing that.

I bought it ,not so much for the color, but because it was from a family member. I know some of the pieces are from the 40's and 50's but other than that, I'm not clear on the age of it all.

Vintage family collectibles are precious to me. Be sure to check Colorado Lady for the vintage collectibles that others have on this Vintage Thingies Thursday!



17 comments:

Susan said...

Boy, do I have a piece for you--a pedestal candy dish of the same Fenton lime green. I received it as a wedding gift in 1976. That little bunny of yours would make me appreciate mine more. Beautiful collection.

SUMMERSTEAD said...

You have a beautiful collection of glassware. I could look at it all day!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I've seen blue, pink & white fenton milk glass but never see one in lime green.. what a collection! Happy VTT

ClassyChassy said...

My first thought - WOW! Amazing color, great collection in an unusual shade of green. Indeed, it looks like sherbet!

Coloradolady said...

That is a great collection of Fenton glass, and how great it was from a family member. Interesting your friend has hers under a black light, that is something I would have never thought of, and I bet it looks great. Have a great week.

SueLovesCherries said...

They are so beautiful, and such a variety. Glad you have a set of family heirlooms!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

What beautiful treasures you recieved, at least your Aunt's Daughters sold her's instead of saying take them to the dump. I just love Fenton Glass but don't have any..isn't that Strange?

Stephanie said...

Green is my absolute favorite color. These pieces are so SPRING! I really like them all and wish they were in my kitchen :)

bj said...

I don't think I've ever seen this lime green before. very pretty.

Threeundertwo said...

What beautiful pieces! I especially love the rabbit, and the swan is so graceful. They must be fun to see under a black light.

Bea said...

I've never seen the lime green. It is gorgeous.

Roslyn said...

Those re delicious, like sherbet. I don't think I have seen that color before.

Anonymous said...

Oooh. I've never heard of that - but I really like it! The bird, the bunny, and the butterfly are my favorites. :)

Eleanor said...

I love that quilt square for Blue Monday. Wonderful to get quilting as a gift. It represents so many precious hours! I admire that secretary too and its honey coloured wood. These days it is fashionable to have painted furniture (which is lovely) but I just cannot imagine painting over wood. And I have never seen Fenton glass ware before. Lovely things to give unending pleasure!

Anonymous said...

WOW..what a gorgeous display of glassware :)

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful! I love how they look soft - literally! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Ray Sherman said...

That is a beautiful collection! Being that they glow under a blacklight, they are likely what is called uranium glass or vaseline glass, no longer made since the mid 40's (and the development of the A-Bomb) Very nice collection to own! http://www.ArtGlassCollectibles.com