Background Script

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Texture on the Wall

I love old wood and I have several different things built from old fencing and old barn wood. This piece was one the first original art pieces I ever bought and I bought it from a local artist back in the 70s. It hangs in my family room which has antiques with a real country feel to it. This painting portrays the Kansas countryside really well. It's difficult to tell from the picture but the center of the windmill is a knot-hole in the wood. I love the "texture" this piece adds to my room.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hello PammieJo! Greetings from a fellow Kansan! I stumbled across your blog via Between Naps on the Porch! I've been lurking around and love your greenhouse! Blessings from DeSoto! Valerie

Bo said...

Hi Pammiejo...you have the neatest things in your home...I love seeing them...keep 'em coming!
;-) Bo